This is one of those waffle recipes that you must try! Waffles are always a delicious way to start your day, and this cashew based cream cheese icing on top really elevates the classic dish.
Pumpkin Pie Waffles With Cream Cheese Icing [Vegan]
For the Pie:
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves)
- 1 cup vegan milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
Cashew Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 cup soaked or boiled cashews
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons agave or pure maple syrup
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Start by heating your waffle iron and lightly coat it in oil so the waffles don’t stick. Next add all the waffle batter ingredients to a blender and blend on high for at least a minute so the batter is very smooth and there are no oat chunks.
- Start cooking the waffles in your waffle maker until there is no batter left. While they’re cooking start on the icing.
- Add all the Icing ingredients to your blender. Blend on high for at least a minute so that it’s very smooth. If you need to add more water depending on how thick or thin you’d like it add it slowly. Do the same with the liquid sweetener if you’d like it sweeter.
- Pour all the icing your heart desires over your waffles and enjoy!
- Cashew Cheese