This gorgeous pumpkin cheesecake with a nutty, no-bake crust is made using cashews. Serve this up with a very generous dollop of the cinnamon maple coconut whipped cream and enjoy!
Pumpkin Cashew Cheesecake With Coconut Whipped Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Pumpkin Cashew Cheesecake With Coconut Whipped Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups Pecans
- 8 dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups raw cashews
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups pumpkin puree, canned or fresh
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Can full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
How to Prepare Pumpkin Cashew Cheesecake With Coconut Whipped Cream [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Soak cashews in bowl of water for at least 6 hours. Make sure water covers the cashews, plus an inch or so because cashews will expand.
- To make crust, blend pecans in a food processor until gravelly
- Add dates and blend until everything just comes together.
- Place parchment paper in the bottom of a 8 or 9-inch springform pan.
- Press crust into bottom of pan.
- Place in freezer until ready to add filling.
- If using fresh pumpkin, slice pumpkin in half, remove seeds, and place on baking pan. Bake at 350° F for 30 minutes at to an hour, or until fork tender. Scoop out inside and blend in a food processor until smooth.
- Drain cashews.
- Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until as smooth as possible.
- Pour over crust and freeze.
- For best texture, remove from freezer one hour prior to serving.
- Refrigerate can of coconut milk for at least 4 hours.
- Open can and scoop out solidified coconut cream from top of can, leaving any watery liquid in the bottom.
- Place in stand mixer and whip on high until light and cream and whip cream holds its form a little on spoon.
- Add pure maple syrup and cinnamon and whip to incorporate.
- Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Dollop generously onto cheesecake.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 585 | Carbs: 50 g | Fat: 41 g | Protein: 10 g | Sodium: 20 mg | Sugar: 31 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.