A sustaining bowl of protein-powered quinoa porridge to fuel you up for success. Add this to your collection of breakfast recipes to make it year-round. It's easy to make, tasty and good for you in so many ways.
Protein Powered Quinoa Porridge [Vegan]
To Soak the night before:
- 3.5 ounces Quinoa flakes
- 3.5 ounces Oats
- 2 tablespoons Chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Pink salt
- 17 ounces Water - filtered
Ready to cook in the morning:
- 3.5 ounces Almond milk or coconut milk
- 3.5 ounces Blueberries
- 3.5 ounces Banana
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1.5 ounces Almond butter
- 2 tablespoons Coconut syrup
- 1/4 each Lime zest
- 2 tablespoons Almonds - whole
- Add the quinoa, oats, chia seeds, pink salt, and water to a small saucepan. Mix well and leave to soak overnight in the fridge.
- The next morning, add the almond or coconut milk and cook out on a low simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Stir regularly and add more water if it gets a little thick.
- Check and adjust the seasoning if necessary, add the lime zest.
- Allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- Transfer quinoa porridge to warmed serving bowls.
- Garnish with blueberries, almonds, and sliced banana.
- Top with almond butter and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Garnish with a little drizzle of coconut nectar and a twist of lime zest.
- Sit back, relax and enjoy your delicious creation.