Red currants are so high in Vitamin C and Açaí is a nutritional powerhouse with fiber, protein, the antioxidant anthocyanin, abundant in acai berries, may lower oxidative stress and inflammation, promoting brain health. Just to name a few. And let’s not forget that this bowl is chock full of plant-based protein! So easy & delicious.
Protein Açaí and Red Currant Breakfast Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 block with liquid, silken tofu
- 1 packet of açaí (frozen yet soaked in warm water to soften a bit)
- 1 scoop of your favorite protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of maca powder
- 1 handful of red currants, washed and stem removed
- Into a high powered blender, blend all of your ingredients. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides and blend again until completely blended and creamy.
- Spoon into a bowl and add optional toppings!
Optional toppings: Ground flaxseed Chia seeds Coconut Nut butter Additional currants Fresh or frozen fruit Nuts or seed