This overnight poppy seed porridge is another clean eating yet yummy way to spice up your breakfast routine. Yep, poppy seeds. That thing on the top of your bagel (that often get so inconveniently stuck in your teeth), but poppy seeds are hardly just a sprinkle-like decoration; they have an incredible nutritional profile too! They are one of the most concentrated sources of calcium with 13% daily value (126 mg) per tablespoon.That means that only 2 tablespoons poppy seeds deliver basically as much calcium as an entire glass of milk!
Poppy Seed Porridge [Vegan]
- 3 tablespoons poppy seeds, ground
- 5-7 dates, finely chopped
- ⅓ cup and 1 tablespoon almond milk (or milk of choice)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix all ingredients together and let sit in the fridge overnight.
- Take out, stir and enjoy with your morning coffee or tea.
- Or even warm it up in a microwave if you prefer a warm breakfast (just note it won’t be raw anymore).