These vegan pizza pinwheels are an excellent go-to treat because they can be made in only a couple of minutes, you can toy around with different fillings, and you can prepare them in advance! Find this recipe in Bianca Haun & Sascha Naderer’s The Veginner’s Cookbook through Skyhorse Publishing!
“To Share Or Not To Share” Pizza Party Pinwheels [Vegan]
- 1 (9-inch by 16-inch) vegan puff pastry dough
- 1/4 cup tomato passata
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried or fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon vegan parmesan
- 1/2 cup green pitted olives
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough.
- Spread the tomato passata on the puff pastry dough, but don’t spread it on the bottom quarter or the tomato sauce will be squeezed out when rolling in the dough.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder, salt, oregano, basil, and vegan parmesan on top.
- Cut the olives in smaller pieces and sprinkle on top.
- Roll up the puff pastry dough as tight as possible and close the edge.
- Cut the puff pastry dough roll in about 30 pieces.
- Place the pizza pinwheels on a baking tray lined with parchment paper (don’t worry if they don’t look perfect, they will puff up just the same!) and bake them in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Enjoy them warm or let them cool off.
*If you can’t find vegan puff pastry, you can also use store-bought or homemade pizza dough instead, but you will have to bake the pinwheels longer depending on the thickness of the dough.