This pink beet hummus is not only stunning but also so delicious. It is full of flavor with the same creamy texture you desire in a hummus!
Pink Beet Hummus [Vegan]
- 1 small beet, peeled and stem removed
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can of chickpeas drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-6 tablespoons water
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Place the beet in foil, drizzle with avocado oil, wrap, and roast for an hour and fifteen minutes or until tender. Set aside to cool.
- Dice the beet and place it in a large food processor with the garlic. Pulse until it is coarsely chopped.
- Add chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, cumin, salt and pepper and process until smooth. Water will make the hummus creamier, therefore add it slowly until the desired texture.