These garlicky golden-brown potatoes are just about the best side dish a potato lover could ask for. These oven-roasted potatoes are soft fluffy on the inside with a crusty shell of browned garlic pesto that makes them almost impossible to stop eating.
Pesto Garlic Scape Roasted Potatoes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 6 garlic scapes, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 6 cups baby potatoes, washed and cut into quarters
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the potatoes in the grapeseed oil and spread them evenly on the lined baking sheet.
- Place this in the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make the garlic scape pesto by placing the garlic scapes in a food processor and pulsing until minced.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, hemp seeds, and nutritional yeast and pulse this well until everything is mixed.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven pour the pesto over the potatoes. Toss the potatoes in the garlic scape pesto and return them to the oven to cook for an additional 15-25 minutes, until the potatoes are golden and cooked through.