If you haven’t tried it yet, Peri-Peri sauce is a popular African sauce made from a combination of African bird’s eye chilis blended with spices, lemons, onion, and garlic. While this dish isn't super spicy, it has a sour-spicy type taste and works well with kale and mustard seeds. Easy to make, it makes a great weeknight dinner or post-workout meal.
Peri-Peri Tofu [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce package firm tofu
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2-inch piece ginger, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups kale
- 2 tablespoons Peri-Peri sauce (bird's eye chili sauce)
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chives, to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, ginger, and garlic and sauté for about 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add mustard seeds, tofu, and Peri-Peri and sauté until tofu turns golden brown.
- Add the kale and let kale cook covered, about 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with chives and enjoy either plain or with a side of bread and/or a salad.