I just love pasta, and especially if it is mixed in a unique, homemade sauce like this carrot sauce! Yum! Yummy! Divine! Can’t express my happiness enough! I had some baby carrots lying in my refrigerator which I wanted to use up. With that thought, I put the carrots in a grinder and cooked all the ingredients. By the time the sauce was ready I realized it was the perfect sauce for my pasta meal. My day was made, and my dinner was my favorite!
Penne in Carrot Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 3 cups unsweetened original almond milk
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- ½ tsp dried garlic
- 4 cups whole wheat penne pasta (boiled)
- Grind the carrots as fine as possible.
- Heat up a nonstick pan and combine all the ingredients except pasta.
- Let it boil for 7-10 minutes stirring between intervals to make sure there are no lumps and to avoid sticking at the bottom.
- Lower the flame and mix in the penne pasta.
- Turn off the flame and serve hot.
Garlic powder can also be used in the sauce recipe. Any pasta of your choice can be used in the recipe. Feel free to add oregano and red pepper flakes according to taste. This carrot sauce recipe is gluten-free and you may use gluten-free pasta in the recipe if you want your meal to be completely gluten-free.