Tofu is a great way to get Protein in your diet particularly if you are vegetarian or vegan. The peanut tofu on its own in this recipe is around 19g Protein. Along with an extra 5g of Protein from the wrap! Tofu is also an excellent source of amino acids, iron and other micro nutrients! Although on its own it doesn’t have a strong flavor adding somethings like this peanut sauce steps it up to a whole new level.
Peanut Tofu Wrap [Vegan]
- 1 wholemeal wrap
- 100g tofu
- 10g garlic and ginger paste
- 4 teaspoons Tamari
- 20g peanut butter
- Extras for topping such as: pepper, cheese, spinach, tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the tofu into chunks and place on the baking tray.
- Cook the tofu for 20 minutes turning each piece half way through cooking
- Meanwhile mix the garlic and ginger paste, tamari and peanut butter until combined.
- Once the Tofu is cooked coat in the mix and fry for 5 minutes until crispy and golden.
- Now to make up the wrap with whatever toppings you fancy!