Everyone loves a sweet snack, but these bars are healthy too: they're refined sugar-free and vegan! These Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars are the perfect no-bake snack. The crust is soft almost like a shortbread because of the coconut flour, but with a great crunch thanks to the pretzels, and the filling is wonderfully sweet, salty, and creamy.
Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars [Vegan]
- 1 cup pretzels
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 dates
- Pretzels to top
- Prepare an 8" dish by lightly oiling the bottom.
- Place all crust ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until combined. If some big pieces of pretzel are still there that is ok! You'll just have some crunchy bits. The dough should be sticking together.
- Evenly and firmly press crust dough onto the bottom of your pan. Place in freezer as you prepare the filling.
- Place all filling ingredients in a food processors and blend until smooth.
- Pour filling over crust.
- If desired you can press some pretzels on top of the filling. You can use whole pretzels or crush some up and put those on top.
- Place bars into freezer until solid
- Serve either straight out of the freezer or allow bars to get all melty at room temperature.
If you don't have tahini, use more peanut butter. This recipe uses unsalted pretzels for topping to control the salt levels, but salted pretzels can be used as well for a saltier bar.
- Peanut Butter