This recipe stems from eating those chocolate peanut butter eggs that are everywhere around Easter. The peanut butter filled chocolate covered strawberry was born!
Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Covered Strawberries [Vegan]
- Fresh ripe strawberries that are still somewhat firm.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Cut tops off strawberries and cut out core with small knife.
- Using a stand or handheld mixer, mix peanut butter and powdered sugar until combined and creamy.
- Fill a plastic bag or pastry bag with peanut butter mixture.
- Cut off tip and squeeze mixture into strawberries. Set aside.
- Melt Chocolate and oil in a glass bowl over simmering water. Stir constantly until chocolate is almost melted, then turn off heat. Continue stirring until all melted and smooth.
- This is the best method I have found for covering something in chocolate. Place strawberry on fork. Pour chocolate over strawberry using a spoon. Gently tap fork with a knife to remove excess chocolate and smooth chocolate.
- Using knife, gently push strawberry onto parchment or wax paper.
- Drizzle a little chocolate over if you like, or keep smooth.
- Place strawberries in fridge or freezer until set