These cookies will melt in your mouth, that's how good they are! Make these, and you'll get a a peanut butter filled, slightly salty and chewy cookie. A total winner if you ask me.
Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F fan forced. Line two baking trays with grease proof paper.
- Begin by making a flax egg. Mix the flaxseed meal and 3 tablespoons of water together in a small bowl. Place in the fridge to set while you continue the recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl using a hand-held beater or stand mixer, cream together the coconut oil and coconut sugar for 2 minutes or until pale and creamy. Add the flax egg and peanut butter and beat to combine.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl of the wet ingredients. Add in the oats. Gently mix to combine. Do not overmix.
- Place a tablespoon sized piece of batter on the baking tray and lightly flatten. Leave a 2cm space in between each cookie.
- Bake in the preheated over for 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned on the edge. Remove and leave to cool on the tray for 5 minutes, before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.