Roasted brussels sprouts are super easy to make, and remarkably delicious. If you're looking for an easy green addition to a meal, definitely give these a shot. All you really need to do is slice off their stalk-y ends, cut them in half, coat them in a little bit of flavor, and throw them on a tray into the oven.
Easy Roasted Brussels Sprouts [Vegan]
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, trimmed and chopped in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar (or maple syrup)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place brussels sprouts in a large bowl, and add olive oil, salt and pepper. Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread out the brussels sprouts, then place in the preheated oven. After they have been roasting for 20 minutes, drizzle 1 tbsp of the agave nectar (or maple syrup) on top and give them a little stir. Cook for another 20 minutes or so, until they are beginning to brown and getting a little crispy.
- After removing from the oven, toss with the remaining agave nectar and add the balsamic vinegar.