These peppermint patties are dairy-free, soy-free, and nut-free, so they're perfect if you have allergies! The peppermint-kissed filling enrobed in rich, dark chocolate simply melts in your mouth.
Homemade Peppermint Patties [Vegan, Grain-Free]
For the Peppermint Filling:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
For the Chocolate Coating:
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place all peppermint filling ingredients into a mixing bowl and combine using a hand mixer until a thick, slightly sticky dough is formed.
- Form the dough into 1-inch balls or patties and lightly roll in powdered sugar before placing on the lined baking sheet and place in the freezer. Dough should make roughly 18-20 small patties.
- Next, slowly melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a heat safe bowl over a small pot of boiling water, stirring until smooth.
- Remove the patties from the freezer and dip one by one into the melted chocolate, allowing excess to drip off before returning to the lined baking sheet. Repeat.