Sometimes, it’s simply fun to create baked goods that aren’t super healthy but are made from scratch and whole ingredients. This is one such recipe. This peanut butter cookie cake is both delicious and makes a wonderfully sweet treat, but is made with whole ingredients that your body will thank you for!
Peanut Butter Cookie Cake [Vegan, Gluten Free]
- 1 and 1/2 cups gluten-free (all-purpose) flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (can sub vegan), softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut brown sugar
- 1 flax egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9" springform pan well with non-stick cooking spray (you may also use a 9" pie plate or 9" cake pan) and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt until well combined.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or in a large mixing bowl using a hand-held mixer), beat the butter, peanut butter, and coconut brown sugar, until well combined. Mix in the egg and vanilla, making sure to mix well after each ingredient.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Scoop the cookie dough into the prepared springform pan and spread it around evenly. Bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- After the cake has cooled for 20+ minutes, finish it by piping chocolate or vanilla frosting around the edges. Serve with or without chocolate chips and enjoy!
- Peanut Butter