Vegan Caramel Protein Slice... oooshhh this is a snack you need in your life! Think gooey peanut butter with a crispy caramel base topped with melted chocolate. These slices are gluten-free, vegan, and high in protein.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Slice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 3.5 ounces drippy natural peanut butter
- 3.5 ounces brown ricemalt syrup
- 1.75 ounces milk chocolate or melted coconut oil
- 1/2 a scoop protein (I used caramel flavor)
- 3.5 ounces of rice puffs /crisps
- 2 tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Sultanas or raisins (optional)
For the Peanut Layer:
- 1.05 ounces Powdered Peanut Butter
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Water
For the Topping:
- 1.75 ounces Chocolate
- teaspoon Coconut Oil
- In a large bowl place peanut butter, 50g chocolate or coconut oil & rice malt syrup, melt for 30 seconds in the microwave followed by 15 second increments until melted & well combined.
- Mix together in another bowl the rice puffs, protein pumpkin seeds, and raisins if using
- Mix the puff mixture into the peanut butter syrup until combined and press into a lined tin.
- Mix your peanut butter layer ingredients until smooth together or until you have a thickish paste, spread over your base and refrigerate for 1/2-1 hr.
- Melt your chocolate with coconut oil and than pour over the peanut butter layer, refrigerate again for around 2 hours until slicing. I find it best when left in the fridge overnight to firmly set.