This oil-free ‘pizookie’ is healthier but still indulgent; sayisfying but not overly sweet. It's simply delicious.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie [Vegan]
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/3 cup maple syrup adjust based on sweetness of chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (use GF if needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a small cast-iron skillet. (A cake pan will work fine as well).
In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: peanut butter, applesauce, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add in chocolate and fold the entire mixture until combined.
Pour the batter into the skillet. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the center is cooked through.
Let cool for 10 minutes in the skillet before serving. Enjoy warm!