These peanut butter chocolate chip bars are the perfect pre-running snack or when you're pressed for time and need a quick breakfast. They're packed with dates that'll give you lasting energy. They're super-easy to make and require only four ingredients — all you need is a food processor.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip ‘Lara’ Bars [Vegan]
- 2/3 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 3 cups pitted dates
- 1/3 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place peanuts into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse to chop into fine pieces without turning into a paste.
- Add in dates, peanut butter, chocolate chips and salt. Continue pulsing until one large mass comes together in the bowl.
- Line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper or plastic wrap and press date mixture evenly into the dish. Place into freezer for 30 minutes.
- Remove completely from pan using excess plastic wrap as help and cut into 10-12 even pieces. Wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap and store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Adapted from Lauren's Latest.