This five-ingredient peanut butter and jelly pie is sweet, a teeny bit salty, rich, and SO creamy – or crunchy, if you prefer the crunchy stuff! A homemade strawberry jam and peanut butter filling sits atop a simple, crumbly oat crust. This pie is the perfect reimagining of your favorite childhood meal, only better, because it's gluten-free, sweetened with fruit, and you can have it for desserr!
5-Ingredient Peanut Butter and Jelly Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
about 8 slices
For the Crust:
- 3 cups gluten-free whole grain rolled oats, blended into flour
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
For the Filling:
- 1 cup date paste (about 16 Medjool dates blended with 1 cup water)
- 1/2 cup natural, unsweetened crunchy or smooth peanut butter, depending on preference
- 1 cup chopped strawberries, blended with 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- To make the crust, combine the oat flour and almond milk.
- Pour the crust mixture into a 7 or 8-inch pie pan and spread evenly across the bottom and up the sides of the pan. This mixture is sticky. Just do your best to get it spread evenly — it's okay if it doesn't look perfect.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then cool in the refrigerator or freezer.
- To make the filling, stir the date paste and peanut butter until well combined.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust, and drop tablespoons of the blended strawberries around the pie.
- Use a toothpick to swirl the strawberry mixture into a pretty pattern.
- Store the pie in the refrigerator or freezer.