The beauty behind a recipe like this is that you can top it with anything. The humble peach and poppy seed base allows for a multitude of unique toppings!
Peach Poppyseed Overnight Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1 yellow peach, quartered and stone removed (peeling optional)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds (optional)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons (or more) poppy seeds
- Combine peach, milk, extract, and chia seeds in a blender or food processor. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to let the chia seeds soften.
- Process the mixture until evenly blended.
- In a mason jar or container with a lid, mix oats, salt, and poppy seeds. Then, add peach mixture. Stir, or cover with a lid and shake vigorously until evenly mixed.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight or for several hours. In the morning, top as desired. Eat cold or warm up.