Peach season is a wonderful time. The fuzzy fruit is ripe, juicy, plump, and ready to lend all of its deliciousness to a warm, flaky pie. This one in particular has a lovely lattice crust so that you can see all of the sticky-sweet peach flavor that awaits you. Bake this one up, you won't regret it!
Peach Pie With Lattice Crust [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Peach Pie With Lattice Crust [Vegan]
- 2 rounds of ready-made pie dough, leave on the counter for 15 minutes before rolling out.
- 4 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
How to Prepare Peach Pie With Lattice Crust [Vegan]
- Lightly flour your work surface and roll one disc of dough into a 12-inch circle. Fit it into a 9" pie plate and let the excess hang over the sides. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until dough is firm.
- Roll out the other disc of dough into a rectangle, roughly 12"x10". Trim rounded edges and use a ruler to score and slice into even 10" long strips, each about 1" wide. Separate the strips on a cookie sheet and freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer peaches and sugar into a large bowl and toss until peaches are well coated. Let sit for an hour, so the peach releases it's juices.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Adjust oven rack to the lowest point in your oven. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place a strainer over a medium bowl. Transfer the peaches to the strainer to drain the juices. Reserve 1/4 cup of the juices for the pie.
- Transfer peaches back to the original bowl and add the cornstarch, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Toss until well combined.
- Spread peaches into the pie crust. Lay 5 strips of pie crust evenly across the peaches parallel to one another. Weave remaining strips perpendicular to the first ones, to create a lattice crust. Any excess or hanging dough should be tucked under on itself. Press your thumb and forefinger together and gently place it on the rim of the dough. Use the knuckle on your other hand to crimp the dough. Continue around the circumference of the pie. Place the pie on the baking sheet. Brush the lattice work and crust with cream, then sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Mold the tin foil around the perimeter of the pie. Bake for 25 minutes, then turn down the oven to 375°F. Rotate the pan halfway to promote even cooking. Cook for an additional 30 minutes, then remove the tin foil. Cook an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Cool the pie on a rack until filling has set, about 2 hours.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 247 | Carbs: 48g | Fat: 7g | Protein: 2g | Sodium: 132mg | Sugar: 35gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.