This peach and passionfruit puff pastry braid is ready in under 30 minutes and you only need 2 ingredients. Flaky pastry filled with fruit yogurt to create a sweet, yet tart dessert everyone will love it.
Peach Passionfruit Puff Pastry Braid [Vegan]
- 1 sheet of ready-rolled puff pastry
- 14 ounces plant-based Passion Fruit Yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the puff pastry sheet onto your prepared pan.
- Score the pastry sheet into thirds lengthways. The center one is for your filling, so leave this. On the outer two-thirds of your pastry, slice off the corner diagonally at the top of the sheet to create the angle for your braids.
- Slice diagonally down one side of your pastry, following the initial angle you created, to create 3 / 4-1 inch thick braids. Repeat on the other side, using something straight to make sure your braids line up.
- When you get to the last strip, there will be a small triangle of pastry left between the middle section and where you cut your strips, cut this out and discard. Spoon the fruit yogurt along the center of the middle of your pastry and then spread out with the back of your spoon being careful not to go over the edges and out of your middle third!
- Take one strip from the left-hand side and fold over the fruit yogurt, then repeat with the right-hand side. Repeat all the way down until you have a neat braid. There will be a little piece of pastry poking out at the end (in the center) fold this up and over the fruit yogurt to help stop leaking!
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, until risen, golden and the filling is bubbling. Leave to cool for a few minutes.