While cheesy and ultra-tomatoey pasta sauces are delicious, sometimes it's nice to change things up. This white wine tomato Sauce is light, refreshing, and has the perfect balance of wine flavor. For a hearty and nutritious dinner, pair it with spaghetti and veggies.
Pasta With White Wine Tomato Sauce [Vegan]
- 1/2 of 1 white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups dry white wine
- 1 large hot house tomato
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups petite peas
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a pot, sauté onion in about 2 tablespoons olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and continue to sauté another 3 minutes.
- Add in the wine and reduce by about half. This will take about 10 minutes. In the meantime, small dice your tomato and set aside.
- Once wine mixture has reduced by about half, add in your tomatoes and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, in a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch with water to make a slurry. While the wine mixture is still bubbling, slowly whisk in the cornstarch. The sauce will thicken instantly. You might prefer a looser sauce and in that case, use less cornstarch.
- Pour sauce over spaghetti and garnish with fresh parsley and peas.