Usually, pasta carbonara is an extremely heavy, rich dish – but not this pasta. This recipe gives you all of the decadent flavors in pasta carbonara without any of the guilt. This dish is packed full of vegetables and a has a creamy carbonara sauce that is to die for.
Pasta Carbonara [Vegan]
- 1 package of quinoa noodles
- 1 8-ounce package of Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 16-ounce package of spinach
- A sprinkle of smoked seasoning
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 pieces fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cups vegan cheese spread
- 1 teaspoon smoked seasoning
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons vegan butter
- Prepare the vegan cheese spread and set it aside.
- In a pan, bring about 3 cups of water to a boil and add the quinoa noodles. Cook them according to package instructions. Drain the noodles and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat up 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and sautée the shallots until they are translucent.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook it for about 3 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt.
- Then add the pepper, smoked seasoning, and fresh sage.
- Add the sautéed vegetables to the pan of noodles, and then fold in the vegan cheese sauce.
- Bring stove top heat to medium.
- Add the white wine vinegar, vegan butter, black pepper, and smoked seasoning to the pan and cook it on medium heat for 3-4 minutes.