I wanted to share this extremely easy pasta dish. It’s perfect for busy nights, yet still manages to taste luxurious.
Pasta With Capers and Greens [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4-ounces gluten free pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free capers
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups kale, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions. Save 1/2 cup of water when the pasta is done cooking.
- In a medium sized frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and capers and cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Add the pasta water, lemon zest, and kale to the pan. Cook until the kale is wilted.
- Add the pasta in. Before tossing the pasta, top with with the vegan cheese. This will help the cheese stick to the pasta. Mix everything together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.