Papaya is such a marvelous fruit. Full of living enzymes, it is great for digestion and is also full of antioxidants, Vitamin C and Vitamin. A. It is high in fiber and folic acid, it is an anti-inflammatory and also supports the immune system. Teamed up with the coconut yogurt, which is full of gut-friendly bacteria, this is a wonderful combination and prescription for a happy belly.
Papaya and Coconut Yogurt Breakfast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Papaya and Coconut Yogurt Breakfast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup coconut meat
- ¼ cup coconut water
- ½ teaspoon probiotic powder
- ½ a vanilla bean
- 1 ripe medium size papaya 1 teaspoon each of:
- goji berries
- shredded coconut
- pumpkin seeds
- chia seeds
- lime juice and mint leaves to garnish
How to Prepare Papaya and Coconut Yogurt Breakfast [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- To make the coconut yogurt, blend the coconut meat, water and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add the probiotic powder and blend again. You should have a thick, smooth yogurt. Alternatively, you can also use store bought coconut yogurt.
- Hollow out the papaya and discard the seeds and place half the papaya on a plate.
- Spoon into the center a few good tablespoons of the coconut yogurt (the rest will keep for up to a week in the fridge and continue to ferment with the probiotics.)
- Sprinkle with the goji berries, coconut, pumpkin seeds and chia seeds
- Squeeze the lime over the top and dress with mint.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.