This paleo recipe will totally fill your bread cravings, and for under 100 calories a roll! These dinner rolls are easy to make and so delicious! Pair them with soup, stew, or even just throw a savory spread on them and enjoy them alone!
Paleo Dinner Rolls [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon ground chia seeds and 3 tablespoons water)
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the ground chia seeds and water to make the chia “egg” and stir well until the mixture thickens and becomes gel-like. Pour the chia egg into a large mixing bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well until a moist and thick dough is formed. Be sure to stir very well. You may need to knead the dough with a spoon or spatula to ensure no lumps remain.
- Scoop the dough into heaping tablespoons, then use your hands to roll them into 12 balls. The rolls will be smaller than conventional dinner rolls, but if they are too large they will not cook thoroughly.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 to 40 minutes, until the rolls feel dry on the outside and the bottoms are lightly golden. Allow the rolls to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Note: The centers will continue to cook a bit after the pan is removed from the oven.
Store remaining rolls in an air-tight ziplock bag or container for up to 5-6 days.