These grain free vegan paleo brownies are moist, gooey, and kid-approved. They are ready in under an hour and absolutely delicious! The binder is psyllium husk powder, which does an amazing job! In fact, you can lift up the whole brownie without breaking it apart! You have to try these vegan paleo brownies––they are such a game changer!
Paleo Brownies [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/2 cups boiled black (Beluga) lentils
- 0.9 ounces nut or seed butter (without additives)
- 7.05 ounces of oat milk
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon mesquite flour
- 2 tablespoons carob powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons psyllium powder
- 3 tablespoons birch xylitol or stevia to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons dark chocolate chips (add later)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa nibs (add later)
- Start with soaking Beluga lentils for 8 hours. Then rinse, drain and boil the lentils. 2 cups of boiled lentils is about 4.06 ounces dry lentils. Or buy enough of canned lentils. Make sure to rinse and drain those as well.
- Next, add all the ingredients (except chocolate chips and cocoa nibs) into food processor and process until you have homogeneous and smooth batter. You’ll need to scrape the sides every now and then.
- Then, transfer the batter onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper and spread it out into about 6.8 inch square.
- Finally, sprinkle on some chocolate chips and cocoa nibs, press them down and bake the brownies at 350°F for 35 minutes. Let cool before slicing.