Vegan Pad Thai with Tofu in Peanut Sauce is a plant-based and gluten-free comfort meal, creamy and delicious! Ready in just 15 minutes. If you’ve never cooked with rice noodles, or peanut sauce, or tofu, there is no need to be intimidated by this dish. It’s actually super easy, and the whole meal comes together in just about 15 minutes. And oh, there’s almost no cooking involved! Yay! We’re all for minimum cooking / maximum taste meals!
Pad Thai with Tofu in Peanut Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Pad Thai with Tofu in Peanut Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Noodles:
- 2 cups rice noodles
- 2 cups firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- pinch of salt
- dash of black pepper
- 1 spring onion
- 1 cup purple cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- 1/2 lemon, juice
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 3/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juice
How To Make Pad Thai with Tofu in Peanut Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Prepare the peanut sauce: place ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add water in slowly, depending how thick or thin you want your sauce to be.
- Drain tofu, cut into dices, season with salt and pepper. Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a pan, add tofu and stir-fry until golden brown and crispy. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Prepare the vegetables: finely slice purple cabbage. Coarsely grate carrots. Slice spring onions and finely chop parsley. Gently crush peanuts with a knife or rolling pin.
- Pour boiling water over the rice noodles and let soak for 2 minutes - or follow instructions on the packaging. Then, drain and leave to cool.
- Add peanut sauce to the rice noodles. Add 3/4 of vegetables, juice of half a lemon and mix together.
- Place noodles on plates and top with the rest of the vegetables, crushed peanuts and crispy tofu. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile