This Overnight Tea-Steeped Oatmeal is not an oatmeal recipe for beginners. People who are trying oatmeal for the first time should look for recipes with bananas, lots of fruit, peanut butter, or chocolate; those are the most “newbie-friendly” recipes. This is a fun and unique recipe, but it will appeal most to those who both A) love tea, and B) already love oatmeal. You can get super creative with this recipe and experiment with all different types of teas--make sure to match the toppings appropriately!
Overnight Tea-Steeped Oatmeal [Vegan]
- 1 tea bag
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 2 pitted dates, chopped finely
- 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds
- fruit, nuts, and/or spices (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Add 1/3 cup hot water to a mason jar and add your tea bag. Steep for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to the mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!