These overnight savory breakfast mushrooms are a great set and forget recipe that do not require any cooking. This is a great way to prepare a tasty breakfast dish without all the effort. A simple no cook recipe that will fill your belly with plant based goodness and get you off to a great start to the day. Simple vegan breakfast that tastes great – sorted!
Overnight Savory Breakfast Mushrooms [Vegan]
- 4 large hand-sized mushrooms sliced
- 1 tbs tamari/soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped (or herbs of choice)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes optional, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp white pepper optional, or to taste
- pinch coarse celtic sea salt optional, or to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix together until it is evenly coated and mixed together.
- Cover bowl and place in refrigerator for at least one hour, or overnight.
- Serve your breakfast mushrooms with toast, baked sweet potato, pancakes, savory french toast etc
- Click here for a video demonstration of how to make these.
You can also add spinach or kale into this mixture to get some extra greens in for the start of your day.