This bread made without eggs is the perfect addition to your table - a recipe that will be enjoyed by all!
- 4 cups wheat flour
- 1 packet dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- peel of 1/2 organic lemon
- 3/5 cup sunflower oil
- 1 2/5 cup lukewarm water
- Mix flour, dry yeast, sugar, salt and lemon peel. Work in sunflower oil and water. Knead everything to a smooth dough. You can make the yeast dough by hand, but with a food processor, the end result is even more tender.
- Then cover the finished dough and let it sit at room temperature for 1 - 2 hours until the dough volume has more than doubled.
- Divide the risen dough: For smaller loaves in 4 portions, for very large loaves in 2 portions. Form the dough portions to balls. Make sure that there are no cracks and the dough pieces have a nice smooth surface. Put this on baking paper or a floured surface and let it rest covered for another 30 minutes.
- Finally, there is the typical feature of Osterpinze - the X. Each piece is scored with scissors or a sharp knife.
- Then coat the surface with plant-based milk and bake at 360ºF for about 25 minutes until golden brown. The bigger your loaves, the longer they need.