This vegan blizzard is smooth, creamy, and loaded with homemade Oreos. The perfect summer treat!
Oreo Blizzard [Vegan]
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (from a second can of coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 5-6 oreo cookies
- 1/4-1/2 cup almond milk (added in the final blending phase)
- Place 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge 2 days in advance. If making your own oreo cookies , make ahead of time so they have time to cool.
- Add 1 can of full fat coconut milk to a high-speed blender along with 1/2 cup of coconut cream (save the liquid from the second can of coconut milk for smoothies). Add the maple syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in a lined 8x8 pan or a springform pan (I found the springform pan was less messy). Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the blizzard base from the freezer, let it thaw for 20 minutes, and then add it back to the blender (breaking it up into pieces). Adding 1/4-1/2 cup of milk to help thin it out. You will need to use your tamper (if you have a Vitamix to help break the ice cream down). If you don't have a tamper, you will have to scrape down the sides and add closer to 1/2 cup to smooth out the blizzard to get the right consistency. Add roughly 4 cookies to the blender with the ice cream. Blend until smooth.
- Remove from the blender and add to two large cups. Top each blizzard with 1-2 oreos (crumbled and chopped into smaller pieces).
- Best enjoyed immediately. If you do freeze it again (with the Oreos), let it thaw again, reblend it and you may have to add another splash of almond milk to it.