With the colder days soon to come knocking on our doors, it's time to indulge in comforting soups. The strong flavor of onion and the subtly sweet flavor of apples meld together perfectly in a broth that can be as light or as seasoned as you want to make it. Not to mention, it's an absolute time saver — you can make it the night before and then keep it for tomorrow's lunch or dinner. Serve with bread for dipping.
Onion Soup With Apple [Vegan]
- 3 yellow and red onions
- 1 apple
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coconut or olive oil
- Pepper, to taste
- Gluten-free bread, for serving (optional)
- Peel the onions and cut them into rings.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and sauté for about 10 minutes. Keep stirring so that the onions do not burn.
- Remove the apple core and cut the apple into slices. Add to the onions and sauté together for two more minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and apple cider. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Serve hot, optionally with bread.