This Easy One-Pot Spicy Vegan Chili is packed with vegetables and ready in just 30 minutes. The perfect winter comfort food! It’s time for one-pot meals, soups, and stews in our household! With the weather growing colder, we are turning more and more towards hearty hot meals. And what’s more hot and hearty than a bowl of slightly spicy vegan chili?
One-Pot Spicy Chili [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for One-Pot Spicy Chili [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions
- 2 carrots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 celery stalk with leaves
- 1 tablespoon double tomato concentrate
- 2 cups canned diced tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 red chili
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup red kidney beans
- 1 cup corn
- juice of half a lemon or lime
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
How to Prepare One-Pot Spicy Chili [Vegan]
- In a pot, heat a tablespoon of oil, then add finely diced onions, carrots, garlic and celery. Gently fry while stirring, until the vegetables turn softer.
- Move the vegetables to the sides of the pot, then add a tablespoon of tomato concentrate in the center and fry until it turns a darker shade. Add diced bell pepper and finely diced chili, a bay leaf and pour in canned diced tomatoes and vegetable stock. Season with salt, pepper and ground cumin and simmer on low heat for about 20 minutes, until the vegetables soften.
- Once the chili is almost ready, remove the bay leaf, then using a stick blender quickly blend the chili but only give it a couple of blends and let it remain chunky.
- Serve the chili with a cup of plain cooked rice and some avocado slices.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.