One Pot Pasta Arrabiata is the easiest dinner recipe, using only one pot. Perfect for a quick weeknight meal. Spicy pasta is tossed with roasted tomatoes and fresh basil.
One Pot Pasta Arrabiata [Vegan]
- 2 cups pasta of your choice (I used gluten-free spaghetti)
- 2 &1/4 cups water
- 2 thinly sliced garlic cloves
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- handful of fresh or roasted tomatoes (add the roasted tomatoes on top once pasta is finished)
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 3 -4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 small teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- handful fresh basil
- drizzle of olive oil
- In a very large saucepan or a large pot, heat the olive oil on medium. Then add the thinly sliced onion and garlic, the chili flakes, salt, tomato paste and oregano, and sauté for a few minutes while you assemble the rest of the ingredients.
- Then pour in the water, canned tomatoes, nutritional yeast, dried pasta and let this cook on medium-high heat until the water has been absorbed and the pasta is cooked al dente. Don't forget to stir every minute or so.
- Top with basil and a squeeze of lemon juice, and enjoy!