This lentil stew takes one pot and is super simple to make. Plus, it is so protein heavy and filling and so so delicious!
One Pot Lentil Stew [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for One Pot Lentil Stew [Vegan]
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups of green or brown lentils
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 large can of crushed organic tomatoes
- 8 cups of vegetable stock or broth
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
How to Prepare One Pot Lentil Stew [Vegan]
- Heat your olive oil in a medium Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Once hot, add your onion and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until golden and translucent.
- Then add your garlic and proceed to cook for 1 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Then add your celery, carrots and green peppers.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the veggies caramelize and break down, softening, stirring occasionally.
- Proceed to add your tomatoes, broth, seasonings through garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lentils absorb the broth and thicken.
- You can also add a few cups to your blender if you wish.
- Prior to serving, add your vinegar and stir.
- Taste for additional salt or pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.