This lentil stew takes one pot and is super simple to make. Plus, it is so protein heavy and filling and so so delicious!
One Pot Lentil Stew [Vegan]
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 ribs of celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cups of green or brown lentils
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 large can of crushed organic tomatoes
- 8 cups of vegetable stock or broth
- 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Heat your olive oil in a medium Dutch oven or stock pot.
- Once hot, add your onion and cook for about 6-8 minutes, until golden and translucent.
- Then add your garlic and proceed to cook for 1 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Then add your celery, carrots and green peppers.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the veggies caramelize and break down, softening, stirring occasionally.
- Proceed to add your tomatoes, broth, seasonings through garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil then cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lentils absorb the broth and thicken.
- You can also add a few cups to your blender if you wish.
- Prior to serving, add your vinegar and stir.
- Taste for additional salt or pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!