A simple yet flavorful one-pot pasta -- the best of both worlds.
One-Pot Curry Pasta [Vegan]
- 1 onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 tablespoon red/yellow curry paste to taste
- 1 serrano pepper chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 8 oz dry pasta of choice
- 1 14-oz can lite coconut milk
- 1 14-oz can chickpeas (optional) rinsed and drained
In a large pot, fry the onion and garlic in some oil/water until fragrant, around 4-5 minutes.
Add in the pepper, curry paste, and spices with a splash of water, and stir well.
Add in coconut milk, broth, and pasta. Stir and cook covered on low heat. Stir the pasta occasionally to prevent sticking,
When pasta is cooked through, after around 10-15 minutes, stir in the chickpeas, turn off the heat, and serve.