These Greek Olive Oil and Orange Cookies are crunchy, lightly sweet with a hint of cinnamon and naturally vegan – perfect with a cup of coffee or tea!
Olive Oil and Orange Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add oil, orange juice, orange zest, sugar, and brandy in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to oil mixture and mix until dough forms.
- Roll out pieces of dough and shape into rings. Coat in sesame seeds and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cooling rack.