The breakfast pizza is back and this time, it’s made from oatmeal. It’s inexpensive and versatile which is why this "oaty" base works so well. The base is light, fluffy and has an almost creamy taste to it. The subtle flavor of the oatmeal makes it easy to adapt and choose toppings for, meaning you can add as much or as little as you like. This oaty delight may appear unhealthy, but not to worry, looks can be deceiving.
Oaty Breakfast Pizza [Vegan]
For the Pizza Crust:
- 1 cup of oatmeal
- 1 cup of oat milk
- 1-2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
- 1 ripe banana
For the Toppings:
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 ripe banana
- Other fruits, nuts, nut butters, etc...
- Preheat your grill to medium heat. Also preheat your frying pan, ensuring that it’s hot enough to make a "sizzling" sound when the batter touches the pan.
- Process the oats into a fine flour and then pour the flour into a bowl. Mash the banana and add it into the bowl along with the oat milk and coconut sugar.
- Whisk together until you have a smooth, thick batter. Alternatively, add these ingredients into your food processor or blender once you have ground the oats for a couple of minutes.
- Once your pan is hot, pour the batter into the pan, tilting the pan to move the mixture around to form a large, evenly spread pancake shape. Allow the pancake to cook for several minutes until bubbles start to form on the top. Take the pancake off the hob and place it under the grill for several more minutes until the top has cooked.
- Slice the banana into coins and mash the raspberries or berry of your choice into a thick puree. Spread this across the top of the pancake and top with the sliced banana and other toppings. Place the pancake back under the grill for five minutes until the puree has started to dry out and the banana is turning golden.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.