These bad boys are so crunchy, gooey, sweet, and decadent, you won't believe they're raw and gluten-free! The three layers in these slices come together to create a symphony of chocolate, caramel, and nuts that will have you singing all day.
Nutty Caramel Chocolate Buckwheat Slices [Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/4 cups raisins
- 3/4 cup buckwheat groats
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 2 tablespoons date syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean
- 1/4 cup hazelnut butter
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup almond milk or more, as needed
- 3 heaping tablespoons coconut oil
- 3/4 cup dates
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- A few tablespoons water, as needed
- Pinch of fleur de sel
- Date syrup
- Black sesame seeds
- Throw everything into a food processor and whizz until it becomes a crumbly, sticky mixture that can hold its shape when pressed together between your fingers.
- Press this into a lined 9x5-inch loaf pan and put in the fridge.
- Blend everything up until smooth, adding almond milk as needed, but try to use as little almond milk as possible. It should be thick, creamy and delicious (like ... well ... caramel).
- Spread evenly onto your crust and put back in the fridge.
- Blend everything until smooth, adding water if you need to. It should be a slightly thinner consistency than the caramel, like chocolate syrup.
- Pour and spread evenly onto your caramel layer. Sprinkle on pretty things.
- Put in the freezer for a few hours until it's solid and the caramel is gooey and holds its shape when cut. Alternatively, leave it in the freezer overnight and then wait for the whole thing to thaw enough so you can cut it.