A nutrient-rich salad that is quick to prepare and naturally supports the body's detoxification system.
Nutrient-Rich Salad [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Nutrient-Rich Salad [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 small head of green cabbage shredded as fine as possible
- 3 medium carrots shredded
- 2 beets red or orange raw & shredded
- 2 tbsp raw hemp seeds
For the Creamy Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or agave, maple syrup
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare Nutrient-Rich Salad [Vegan]
- If you have a food processor with a slicing attachments, you'll definitely want to use it to speed up the shredding process. If you don't, you use a mandolin to shred the veggies; alternatively you can use a box grater.
- In a big bowl, mix all the vegetables together.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together in a high speed blender or magic bullet and blend on high until completely smooth. Add more water if needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Pour dressing over the vegetables. Gently toss the vegetables in the dressing. Garnish with hemp seeds and serve.
- Salad will keep for about 3 day in the fridge.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.