This recipe for a chai smoothie is like autumn in a glass! Cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, and nutmeg help warm the body up as the weather cools down. I also like to make this smoothie with pear or even persimmon instead of or in addition to banana – definitely take advantage of fall seasonal fruits! However, I still like to use frozen bananas for the texture and consistency, but by all means use ripe fresh bananas if you don’t want that frosty hit!
Nourishing Autumn Chai Smoothie [Vegan]
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 cups nut milk (almond or cashew works best)
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- Dash of freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon coconut nectar (optional if you like it sweeter!)
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Taste to see of you need to add any additional spices or sweetener.
- Pour into a glass and scatter with coconut and cinnamon. Enjoy!
- Chai Spice