If you are a baker looking for your go-to bread recipe this is a great option. This nut and seed bread is hearty, moist, and nutritious. The bread is easy to make and you get to skip the kneading – which is always the hardest part of making bread.
No-Knead Nut and Seed Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 cups gluten-free flour blend
- 2 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 package yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon xanthum gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, toasted
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread the sunflower seeds and buckwheat groats on a baking sheet. Toast them for 10 minutes and set them aside.
- Increase oven heat to 400°F.
- Grease the bread pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the yeast and warm water.
- Let the yeast dissolve and sit for a few minutes.
- Gently stir in the sugar and coconut oil.
- Gradually the add xanthum gum, salt, and 1/2 cup of flour at a time.
- Stir the mixture until everything is well combined.
- Add the poppy seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and buckwheat groats. Stir the mixture until everything is well combined.
- Gently shape the dough and place it into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake the bread at 400°F for 55 minutes or until the top of loaf is golden brown.
- Store in the refrigerator for maximum freshness.