Although my grandmother happened to love Bloody Mary's, I'm a late comer to the drink. Recently, I've been tinkering with small batches of them and I started to think that a Mexican-spiced version would really hit the spot. After a quick search online, it appears many other people had the same idea. Really, it's no surprise. Think of gazpacho: cool and refreshing, with spicy undertones, now put that idea into liquid form, minus the vegetables of course. With infused tequila, my version gets an extra-tasty kick. Remember, Barnivore is a fantastic resource for finding vegan liquors, wines, and beers.
Bloody Marias Made With Infused Tequila [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Bloody Marias Made With Infused Tequila [Vegan]
Makes 1 cup
- 1 cup tequila (use a light rather than dark brand as they take on more flavor)
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 2 springs cilantro, torn
- 1 cup Mexican Infused Tequila (recipe above)
- 2 cups organic tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 to 3 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon finely minced horseradish (more if desired)
- Generous pinch ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
How to Prepare Bloody Marias Made With Infused Tequila [Vegan]
- Combine all ingredients in a jar.
- Cover tightly and shake.
- Refrigerate for the flavor to infuse for up to one week.
- Continue to shake occasionally. Taste for desired intensity of flavor.
- Drain through a mesh strainer and store in the refrigerator until using.
- Combine all ingredients in a a large pitcher and stir to combine.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice, and pour the drink over the ice.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.