This no-chicken coronation sandwich is so easy to make and so delicious, it'll become a staple in your lunchtime rotations. You don't need any fancy equipment to make this, so even if you're away at college, all you need is a mini-fridge and a can-opener on hand to make this easy and filling lunch. Serve this on sandwich bread or add it to your salads to give them a boost of flavor and protein.
No-Chicken Coronation Sandwich [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for No-Chicken Coronation Sandwich [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas
- 4 teaspoons of mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/2 juice of lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- A dash of cinnamon
How to Prepare No-Chicken Coronation Sandwich [Vegan]
- In a blender, pulse the drained chickpeas to a paste with the lime juice. You can also do this by hand with a fork or potato masher.
- Transfer to a bowl. Mix curry powder in, followed by mango chutney and cinnamon. Work with a fork so everything is well blended.
- Mix chopped coriander leaves to the paste. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Spread on your favorite bread.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.