This no-chicken coronation sandwich is so easy to make and so delicious, it'll become a staple in your lunchtime rotations. You don't need any fancy equipment to make this, so even if you're away at college, all you need is a mini-fridge and a can-opener on hand to make this easy and filling lunch. Serve this on sandwich bread or add it to your salads to give them a boost of flavor and protein.
No-Chicken Coronation Sandwich [Vegan]
- 1 14-ounce can of chickpeas
- 4 teaspoons of mango chutney
- 2 teaspoons mild curry powder
- 1/2 juice of lime
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- A dash of cinnamon
- In a blender, pulse the drained chickpeas to a paste with the lime juice. You can also do this by hand with a fork or potato masher.
- Transfer to a bowl. Mix curry powder in, followed by mango chutney and cinnamon. Work with a fork so everything is well blended.
- Mix chopped coriander leaves to the paste. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Spread on your favorite bread.