This super fudgy, rich, and dense vegan no-bake sweet potato cake is such a treat! It’s perfectly sweet, super chocolatey, and extremely satisfying. This recipe is really quick and easy to make, using only four simple ingredients you likely have on hand right now: sweet potatoes, cacao or cocoa powder, shredded coconut and sugar.
No-Bake Sweet Potato Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 small sweet potato (or 2/3 cup of mashed sweet potato)
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder (see notes)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2-4 tablespoon of coconut sugar (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- Pinch of vanilla powder, optional
- Pomegranate seeds, slices of plum, orange, and fig to serve
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into small pieces. Add them to the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potato cubes, add to food processor with every other ingredient (except the fruit) and process until a sticky dough consistency is achieved.
- Put baking paper or cling film in a small cake form. Add the mixture to the form and press down with your hands until it is flat and firm. Place it in the refrigerator to chill for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Turn the cake out on a plate to serve. Add fruits on top.
You can substitute with cocoa or carob powder. You can use a few pitted dates or a bit of maple syrup instead of the coconut sugar. Adjust consistency with shredded coconut.