This super fudgy, rich, and dense vegan no-bake sweet potato cake is such a treat! It’s perfectly sweet, super chocolatey, and extremely satisfying. This recipe is really quick and easy to make, using only four simple ingredients you likely have on hand right now: sweet potatoes, cacao or cocoa powder, shredded coconut, and sugar.
No-Bake Sweet Potato Brownie Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for No-Bake Sweet Potato Brownie Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 small sweet potato (or 2/3 cup of mashed sweet potato)
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder (see notes)
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2-4 tablespoons of coconut sugar (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- Pinch of vanilla powder, optional
- Pomegranate seeds, slices of plum, orange, and fig to serve
How to Prepare No-Bake Sweet Potato Brownie Cake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into small pieces. Add them to the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potato cubes, add to food processor with every other ingredient (except the fruit), and process until a sticky dough consistency is achieved.
- Put baking paper or cling film in a small cake form. Add the mixture to the form and press down with your hands until it is flat and firm. Place it in the refrigerator to chill for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Turn the cake out on a plate to serve. Add fruits on top.
- You can substitute with cocoa or carob powder. - You can use a few pitted dates or a bit of maple syrup instead of coconut sugar. - Adjust consistency with shredded coconut.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1282 | Total Carbs: 124 g | Total Fat: 24 g | Total Protein: 13 g | Total Sodium: 121 g | Total Sugar: 69 g Calculation not including toppings.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.