The no bake Snickers pie recipe of your dreams is here! I repeat – the gluten-free, refined sugar-free, paleo, vegan, raw, ooey- gooey chocolatey caramel-y peanut butter-y pie recipe you've always dreamt of has finally arrived. This no bake Snickers pie is such a star – it’s super easy to make and it’s packed with fiber and good fats from the coconut and nuts. Confession: I sometimes eat a slice of this baby for a decadent breakfast. You can (and should) too! It's a wonderful way to treat yourself and get you excited for the morning! This no bake Snickers pie is delectable and healthy! And it still has the peanut, chocolatey, caramel flavor you love. You've gotta make it to believe it, folks.
No Bake Snickers Pie [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup nut of choice (I like cashews and almonds best, with walnuts shortly behind – you can even mix nuts if you wanna get crazy!)
- 1 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Caramel Layer:
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted, soaked in boiling water for 10 min and then drained
- 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted almond butter
For the Peanut Butter Mousse:
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk, put in fridge overnight
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
To Make the Crust:
- Add all crust ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth and able to be stuck together, then press into a parchment lined pie pan. Stick in freezer.
To Make the Caramel Layer:
- Add all the caramel ingredients to the food processor (no need to clean for the whole recipe) and process until very smooth.
- Spread an even layer atop pie crust and return to freezer.
- Open the coconut milk cans and scoop out solid white coconut cream (save the remaining coconut water for a smoothie).
To Make the Mousse Layer:
- Add to food processor with remaining mousse ingredients, then process until smooth.
- Spread evenly atop of caramel layer, then return to freezer. If desired, top with an additional drizzle of dark chocolate, melted in a double boiler.
- Freeze overnight, and store in freezer but let de-thaw on counter for about 10 minutes before serving your very own healthy Snickers pie.